Chocolate Protein Balls
A healthy alternative to rum balls…
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: Serves 25
• 2 cups almond meal
• ½ cup desiccated coconut
• ¾ cup natural low carb whey protein powder (or other)
• ¾ cup raw cacao powder
• 6 medjool dates
• 4 tbsp. raw honey
• 1 tsp. coconut oil
• 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
• 1 tsp. honey
• 1 tsp. raw cacao powder / coconut
How to make it:
• Place all ingredients into a food processor, and blend until well combined. When squeezed in your hands, the mix should come together, and not crumble. If it crumbles, blend for a few more minutes in the food processor.
• Roll the mix into small balls and place in the freezer for half an hour.
• Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix the chocolate coating ingredients until smooth.
• Tip all the balls from the freezer into this bowl, and toss them around, thoroughly coating them with the chocolate.
• Roll the balls through some desiccated coconut, and place on a tray and put back in the freezer to set for another ½ hour.
• Store in the freezer or fridge until just before serving to prevent the coating from melting.
We offer Naturopathy and Nutritional Medicine consultations
at 2 convenient locations, Brisbane CBD and Graceville