Caren Wigmore ND
Naturopath, Nutritionist and Herbalist
BHSc (Nat) ANTA
Caren studied a 4 year Health Science degree in Melbourne with the Australian College of Natural Medicine and has been in private practice for 15 years.
As a Naturopath, wife and mum of three high school children she understands the different pressures and roles we play in life and complexity of achieving a balance. Her treatment plans are practical, achievable, and tailored to where you are at on your health journey.
If Naturopathy is new to you, she will gently guide and educate you but if you have had years of working with specialist and integrative practitioners, please bring all your history including testing results and reports so that we are armed with the most up-to-date information to guide our treatment plan and move forward.
Where indicated Caren may suggest further testing to help achieve the best treatment plan for you.
Caren’s areas of special interest:
- Food intolerances and gut microbiome health: whether your troubles are due to dysbiosis (imbalance of species like Blastocystis/Dientamoeba ) or digestive dysfunction in the form of not tolerating FODMAPS or SIBO or food sensitivities from Histamines, Salicylates or in some cases a little of all the above she can help you navigate and get your gut into better health.
- PMS/PMDD and Peri-Menopause are two areas that can have a significant impact on how we feel – Caren loves nothing more than being guided by hormonal testing to understand where the balance needs to be corrected and alongside lifestyle, diet and exercise she will coach you back to stable and happy hormonal health – where necessary she may refer you on for further investigations, please bring any prior scans/ blood work you may already have had done.
- Stress, anxiety and insomnia: did you know that our stress response has a direct impact on our hormonal health as well as Thyroid health. Caren is a frequent speaker on the effects and impacts of raised cortisol and adrenal robustness on our mental, metabolic and hormonal wellbeing.
- Pyrrole disorder and ADHD
Caren is very comfortable communicating with your GP or other health professionals and believes the better the communication = the better the outcomes for her patients.
Caren is available on the following days and times:
- Tuesdays 9:30am - 2:00pm (Graceville and Online)
- Wednesdays 9:00am - 4:00pm (Graceville and Online)
- Thursdays 9:00am - 3:30pm (Graceville and Online)
To make an appointment with Caren call reception on 07 3075 7090 or book online.