Home-made Muesli Bars
Home‐made Muesli Bars
Makes about 18 bars
1 cup of whole rolled oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
½ cup ground flaxseeds
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
½ cup sultanas
½ cup unsweetened cranberries
2 tbsp coconut flour
125g coconut oil
¼ cup raw honey
Optional – add ½ cup cacao nibs, replace ½ cup seeds with mixed nuts. Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
1. Gently roast the desiccated coconut and all the seeds (except flaxseeds) in a frying pan, for about 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
2. Set mixture aside to cool down (you can speed this process up by spreading it on a tray).
3. Melt coconut oil and gently add honey to dissolve.
4. Place seeds/coconut mixture in a large bowl, add sultanas/cranberries, melted coconut oil and honey, ground flaxseeds. Mix well.
5. Grease and line a 3cm deep, 16cmx28cm baking pan with baking paper.
6. Pour mixture into pan and start patting it into shape with the back of a spoon.
7. Once mixture is level, cover with some baking paper and press firmly.
8. When you think you’ve pressed enough, press some more!
9. Place in the fridge overnight or for at least an hour.
10. Turn mixture out and cut into muesli‐bar rectangle shapes.
11. Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
12. Store in the fridge as the bars tend to go soft when kept at room temp