Bean Minestrone – A Healthy, Tasty & Easy Recipe
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large stick celery
- 1 red (or yellow) capsicum or half of each
- 1 x 400g (13 oz) tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 x 400g (13 oz) tin mixed beans
- 2 cups gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
1 large saucepan, wooden mixing spoon, knife and cutting board, tin opener.
- Chop the garlic
- Dice the onion, celery, carrot and capsicum.
- Put a small amount of water in the saucepan and put on low heat. Add the chopped garlic and diced onion and sauté until soft. Add the celery, carrot and capsicum and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, mixed beans and vegetable stock.
- Put lid on saucepan and simmer over a gentle heat for about 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add sea salt and ground black pepper to taste. Fold through chopped parsley just before serving.
- Serve hot. Surplus can be refrigerated and reheated for later serving.
We offer Naturopathy and Nutritional Medicine consultations
at 2 convenient locations, Brisbane CBD and Graceville