Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe
Veges can be tasty! I make this pesto pasta salad every year for multiple parties, bbqs and gatherings – it’s a great way to substitute the unhealthy – and in my opinion bland – pasta salad that you get from the supermarket and include more veges.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 340g uncooked pasta of choice
- 1/2 cup of broccoli florets, diced small
- 1/2 cup zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 4 tbs basil pesto
- 100ml water, light cream or plant milk
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 100g sprouts
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbs parmesan
- 1 tbs pine nuts
- Salt & pepper to taste
M E T H O D
Cook pasta as per directions, be careful not to overcook.
Add cooked pasta to a bowl while still hot, then add zucchini, broccoli, spinach, sprouts, basil, pine nuts, parmesan, mixed herbs, salt and pepper and mix through.
Mix pesto with water or cream and stir through pasta mix.
Allow to cool and serve.
If the mixture is dry once cooled, mix another tbsp of pesto and 50ml water and add to pasta.
- also works with gluten free pasta
- leave out cream and cheese for a dairy free and vegan pesto pasta salad
- add cabbage, celery, snow peas or any other leafy greens that you can find for extra nutrients
We offer Naturopathy and Nutritional Medicine consultations
at 2 convenient locations, Brisbane CBD and Graceville