Gluten Free Roasted Zucchini Pesto Pasta
- 500g buckwheat or other GF pasta of choice
- 3 zucchinis cut into half moons
- Large handful basil
- Large handful spinach
- 150g walnuts roughly chopped
- 3 – 6 garlic cloves sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of celtic sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees on a fan forced setting. Prepare a baking tray.
- Place the chopped zucchini and garlic onto baking tray, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste before cooking for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- When ready remove baking tray from oven and add walnuts before returning to cook for 5ish minutes or until ready. Remove tray from oven and let cool.
- Place about 1/3 of the of the baking tray contents into a high speed blender or food processor along with the basil, lemon juice, drizzle of olive oil and half the water to start. Process until smooth adding a dash of the water as needed.
- Drain the pasta and then pour back into the pot. Add the contents from the tray, blender and the spinach to the pot and cook on low heat for a few minutes. Continue to stir until the sauce coasts the pasta well and the spinach wilts.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂