Nutrient Dense Lunch Box Slices
As the kids head back to school these lunch box slices will go down a treat! A healthy sweet, nutrient dense bar that’s easy to make and perfect to get them through the afternoon.
By Sophia Wulff ND, Naturopath and Clinical Nutritionist
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 10 medjool dates, soft or chopped OR 10 figs (soaked for 20 minutes prior to using)
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup dark choc chips
- 2 tablespoons raw, local honey
- 4 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or a ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease and line a square 20cm tin with baking paper over-hanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture is broken down and sticking together. Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and bake for 18 minutes.
- Remove the slice from the oven and leave to cool in the tin, place in the fridge for one hour prior to slicing.
- Eat and enjoy.
We offer Naturopathy and Nutritional Medicine consultations
at 2 convenient locations, Brisbane CBD and Graceville